- Apple juice – Six 1 L (32oz) containers OR 6 tsp of Malic Acid (Food Grade) in 6 L of pure water * (1 L/day for the 6 days of prep)
- Epsom Salts (Food Grade) – 4 tablespoons dissolved in 710 ml water (separated into 4 equal portions)
- Olive Oil (Extra virgin, cold-pressed, organic) – 4 oz (120 ml)
- Fresh grapefruits or lemons – 6 oz (180 ml)
- Enema Kit (Stainless Steel Bucket is best!)
The flush requires 6 days of preparation. The only exception to your daily routine during this period should be the drinking of apple juice or malic acid/ water mixture. The malic acid in apples has the ability to soften the gallstones and make it easier for them to pass. Due to its strong cleansing effect, drink the apple juice slowly during the day instead of doing that at once. You can also eat as many apples as you can.
Here are some additional recommendations for the 6 days of preparation:
- Eat lightly and avoid fried, packaged or processed foods
- Don’t eat too much
- Avoid eating late at night
- Avoid animal protein such as meat, eggs and dairy
- Avoid high-fat foods
- Drink plenty of water
- Sleep well
- Avoid unnecessary supplements or medications.
- It is recommended to do the flush on a Saturday night in order to rest and recover the next day.
- It is also recommended to have colon cleansing
The Importance of Colon Cleansing
It is important to cleanse your colon before and after cleansing the liver in order to clear the way for the stones to be released from your body. Cleansing your colon after cleansing the liver will remove any remaining stones or toxicity. The colon cleansing will help you to avoid or minimize any discomfort or nausea that may arise.
This is the day of the flush. You should eat a light breakfast and lunch that is free from fat and protein. Here are some ideas:
- A juice or smoothie
- Salad (with no dressing or oil-free dressing)
- Quinoa, millet, rice with steamed veggies
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT eat nuts, seeds, butter, oils, avocado, meat, eggs or cheese.
It is also important to eat lunch no later than 1:30 PM
6:00 PM: Add four tablespoons of Epsom Salts (magnesium sulfate) to three 8oz. glasses of filtered water in a jar. You will have about four servings (¾ of glass). Drink your first portion immediately. Epsom salts are important due to its ability to dilate (widen) the bile ducts, which makes it easier for the stones to pass. It also clears out the waste that may disrupt the release of the stones.
8:00 PM: Drink your second portion of Epsom Salts.
9:30 PM: If you didn’t have a bowel movement until 9:30 or haven’t done a colon cleansing within 24 hours, take a water enema because it will trigger a series of bowel movements.
9:45 PM: Wash the grapefruits (or lemons and oranges). Squeeze them by hand and remove the pulp. You will need ¾ of the glass of juice. Pour the juice and ½ glass of olive oil into a pint jar. Close the jar and shake until the solution is watery. It is recommended to drink the mixture at 10:00 PM.
10:00 PM: LIE DOWN IMMEDIATELY after drinking the mixture! This is very important for the release of the gallstones. Lie on your back and keep your head higher than the abdomen. Lie for at least 20 minutes and try not to speak. You won’t feel any pain because the magnesium in the Epsom salts holds the bile duct valves wide open and relaxed, and the bile that is excreted along with the stones keeps the bile ducts well lubricated.
Due to a strong and sudden outpouring of gallstones and toxins from the liver and gallbladder, you may feel nausea during the night and/or in the morning.
The Following Morning:
6:00-6:30 AM: After waking up, but not before 6 AM, drink your third ¾ of the glass of Epsom Salts. After that, you car rest again or do some light exercises if you want to.
8:00-8:30 AM: Drink the last ¾ of the glass of Epsom Salts.
10:30 AM: You should drink freshly pressed fruit juice. After 90 minutes, eat one or two pieces of fresh fruit. One hour after, you can start eating regular (but light) food.
You should feel the first signs of improvement in the next morning
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Continue to eat light meals during the following days.
What can you expect from the Flush:
You will have many watery bowel movements. At the beginning, it will be gallstones mixed with food residue, and then stones mixed with water.
- It is a very important thing to keep cleansing the liver until there are no more stones left. A half clean liver for a longer period (three or more months) can cause more discomfort than not cleansing it at all. As mentioned above, you will need about 6 flushes with a break of 1 month between flushes in order to cleanse the liver completely.
- The liver will start to function better soon after the first cleanse. You will feel less pain and have more energy.
- But, after a few days, stones from the rear of the liver will go towards the two main bile ducts exiting the liver, which may cause some of the symptoms of discomfort you have felt before. You should not be disappointed by this because you will remove the other stones in next round of cleansing.
- If a new cleanse doesn’t produce stones anymore, (usually happens after 6-8 cleanses or in more severe cases between 10-12 cleanses), it means that your liver is in excellent condition.
- Remember to repeat the cleanse every six months for prevention.
- Do not cleanse the liver when you are suffering from an acute illness, even if it is a simple cold. If you suffer from a chronic illness, cleansing the liver may be the best thing you can do for yourself.