As you can see, dandruff shampoo has far more uses beyond treating dandruff. Here are some of them:
Some anti-dandruff shampoos contain zinc pyrithione, an ingredient which has been shown to kill off acne-causing bacteria. To treat acne, swap the acne face wash with anti-dandruff shampoo. For optimal results, let the shampoo soak into the skin for a couple of minutes before washing it off. This trick helps treat body acne, too.
2. Athlete`s Foot
According to Beauty Gyann, you can cure Athlete`s foot by washing the feet with anti-dandruff shampoo. It works by killing off fungus in the feet thanks to its anti-fungal properties.
3. Inflamed Eyelids
As explained by the American Optometric Association, dandruff may cause inflamed eyelids, or blepharitis. To prevent dandruff-causing bacteria from growing on the eyelids, wash the hair with anti-dandruff shampoo.
Zinc pyrithione found in anti- dandruff shampoos fights off acne but deals with rosacea as well. To treat this condition, wash the affected area with the shampoo every couple of days.
5. Tinea Versicolor
Tinea versicolor is a yeast infection manifested by skin rash of scattered white, brown, or pink patches that itch. If you are suffering from this condition, wash the entire body with anti-dandruff shampoo every few days.
6. Remove Chlorine
Swimmers are recommended to wash their hair with anti-dandruff shampoo after each swim to remove the toxic chlorine from their scalp and hair.
7. Scalp Dermatitis
To treat scalp dermatitis, follow the instructions directed by the doctor or the ones outlined by the manufacturer. Wet the scalp and massage the shampoo onto the moist scalp. Let it work for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
8. Reverse Hair Dye
You have dyed your hair and it has come out too dark? If your latest hair coloring has gone wrong, try out the method below!
- A few vitamin C tablets (around 500mg)
- A high quality shampoo or anti-dandruff shampoo
- A teaspoon to crush up the tablets
- Something to mix up the mixture in
- Crush the vitamin C tablets using a teaspoon
- Add some shampoo and mix well to avoid lumpy bits
- Apply the mixture to wet hair, massing it into the lengths and the scalp
- Wrap the hair in a plastic bag/ cling-film
- Let it work for 45 minutes
- Rinse well and apply a conditioner
- Repeat the procedure once daily for the next couple of days until any trace of the hair dye is removed
Note: The result depends on your hair`s condition, the dye used, and the amount of vitamin C you use.