Luckily, there are natural ways to address this issue. Turmeric, ginger, and coconut milk are an excellent anti-inflammatory combination which improves digestion and prevents heartburn and acid reflux.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
- It possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties! Its active ingredient inhibits most of the molecules whicha are proven to have critical role in inflammation. As such anti-inflammatory agent, it helps alleviate the symptoms of arthritis and of many inflammation-related chronic diseases.
- Improves blood circulation and thins the blood
- It acts as powerful antioxidant agent and curcumin works by neutralizing free radicals and then stimulating body`s antioxidant enzymes
- Helps the liver detoxify itself by working on multiple levels, such as improving liver`s function and enhancing bile flow
- Reduces pain and fever associated with an illness
- Heals and soothes the digestive tract
- Prevents ulcers from forming, due to its antiseptic properties
- Curcumin, its active ingredient, is fat soluble so it positively affects the digestive tract, especially after a fatty/ heavy meal
- It causes a few changes on molecular level that help both prevent and even treat cancer
Turmeric: It works as a potent anti-inflammatory agent and eases problems associated with digestion. It also protects against the occurrence of ulcers.
Black Pepper: Black pepper increases the absorption of curcumin, the main ingredient in turmeric, by up to staggering 2,000%.
Honey: It contains enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, all of which improve digestion and ease irritation in the digestive system. With this being said, it`s no wonder that honey is a quite popular home remedy for all kinds of digestive-related problems.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-inch piece of sliced ginger/ 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
This drink is extremely easy to make and it is very delicious! It is an amazing remedy for reducing acid reflux and heartburn, as it improves digestion and soothes the stomach.
All you have to do is to mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the honey. Mix them together and then transfer the mixture into a saucepan. Cook for about five minutes over a low heat and add the honey at the end.