It is known that children who don’t receive proper nutrition can be up to three grades behind their actual age and that a diet full of saturated fats increases the production of amyloid proteins that cause Alzheimer’s. Therefore, it is essential to keep in mind what kind of food you eat everyday, that you increase those with a basic composition that enriches good neuronal operation and that you complement all of this with active habits that involve curiosity, and interest in learning and starting new projects.
What Food Is Harmful for Memory?
- – Saturated fats and fatty acids: these directly affect your brain vascular health. You must keep this in mind.
- – White sugar: It causes a certain state of nervousness and hyperactivity that is not best for stabilizing memory and concentration whatsoever.
- – Alcohol: It very noticeably deteriorates your nervous system. You are unable to concentrate and you stop producing neuron connections, which are essential for remembering.
- – Proteins: they produce tryptophan and serotonin, especially those from red meat and cured cheeses, which negatively stimulates the nervous system.
Advice on your Brain and Memory
- – Never forget to eat breakfast. Hypoglycemia states, for example, are very bad for concentration. You need to start the day with some basic nutrients that will give your brain enough energy. Remember that although it only represents 2% of your body, the brain alone needs 20% of your energy.
- – Play a sport or do light exercise.
- – Rest. Sleep for at least eight hours a day. Your brain needs peace and rest in order to remember experiences and memories.
Homemade Smoothies that will Improve Your Memory
In the following sections, we will give you recipes for three excellent, nutritious, and energy-providing smoothies. You can drink whichever one you like once or twice a week. You will notice you feel less fatigued, and although you won’t notice it immediately, your brain will appreciate this nutritious supplement that will make it function better.
Apple, Carrot, and Almond Smoothie
This is a natural remedy for fatigue, to regain energy, and to strengthen your brain. Aside from fiber, apples provide you with vitamin E and C, and they are refreshing and hydrating. In regards to carrots, apart from vitamins A, B, and C, they have countless minerals for your brain: potassium, calcium, phosphorus. They also purify your blood and give you energy. As for almonds and walnuts, they are essential for your brain. They have enough minerals to provide the brain with excellent nutrition.
- 2 apples
- 3 carrots
- 3 walnuts
- 3 almonds
– Wash the fruit and peal the walnuts and almonds.
– Put the fruit and the nuts in the blender. Put it on high so that it is completely minced and mixed together.
– Put it in a glass and drink it immediately. The taste is unbeatable.
Strawberry and Oats Smoothie
Oats, besides being made up of a relaxing alkaloid, have vitamin B1, which is great for fighting mental fatigue and giving you energy. In regards to strawberries, besides being very tasty, they are natural antioxidants and also perfect for nourishing and keeping your brain in a good state.
- 3 strawberries
- A half glass of oats
- A glass of skim milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey
It is very simple: just put the strawberries, milk, and oats in the blender. Blend it well so that the mixture is uniform. You will immediately see the nice pink tone of the thick milk with oats. Lastly, when you add the milk you will see how tasty it is and the energy it provides.
However we must tell you that due to the high amount of sugar it has, this smoothie is especially not suitable for diabetics.
Coconut and Banana Smoothie
It’s great for boosting learning and memory: it is rich in fiber, calcium, potassium, iron, vitamins A, C, and E.
- 1 glass of skim milk
- 5 almonds
- Half of a ripe banana
- 1/7 of a coconut cut in small pieces, without its skin.
– Peel the banana and put it in the blender with the fresh coconut.
– Add the milk and almonds.
– Turn the blender on high.
– Serve it in a glass with some cinnamon on top, if you like. If you drink it right away, you will notice its freshness and richness. Your brain and memory will also appreciate it.